Officials of the EFCC in Gombe state yesterday interrogated 11 Gombe state Independent National Electoral Commission,INEC staff for allegedly collecting N120 million from some politicians to manipulate results in the 2015 general election.
A source at the commission gave the names of the electoral officers as;
- Godwin Maiyaki Gambo (Balanga)
- Bukar Alone Benisheik (Dukku)
- Jibril. B. Muhammed (Billiri)
- Dunguma Musa Dogona (Funakaye)
- Mohammed. A. Wanka (Kaltungo)
- Ishaku Yusuf (Kwami)
- Suleiman Isawa (Nafada)
- Babagana Malami (Shongom) and
- Nuhu Samuel (Yamaltu/Deba).
- Ahmed Ali Biu,
The electoral officers for Akko and Gombe councils, Ahmed Ali Biu, and Mohammed.B.Zannah, reportedly admitted to have collected the bribe from one Yunusa Ali Biri, also a retired electoral officer who acted as Gombe coordinator of bribes for electoral officers in the state.