Ripples Nigeria - The Niger Delta Avengers on Thursday made good its separatist intentions, warning northerners with interests in the oil region to quit in two weeks or face “bloody” consequences.
The threat which was contained in a statement signed by one Col Mudoch Agbinibo, who claims to be the group’s spokesperson, listed, among others, General T.Y Danjuma, Alhaji Maidiribe, Colonel Sanni Bello, Alhaji Aminu Dantata, Prince Ado Bayero, and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar as those who would have their oil interests blown up if they do not quit.
In a veiled threat to declare a country of their own, the group said that it would, by October 16, display a currency, flag, passport, the ruling council and territory to the world. It beckoned on the United Nations “to free the people of the Niger Delta from environmental pollution, slavery, and oppression.”
“We want a country that will turn the creeks of the Niger delta to a tourism heaven, a country that will achieve its full potentials, a country that will make health care system accessible by everyone. With Niger delta still under the country Nigeria we can’t make it possible,” the group said.
It denied threatening the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, while claiming that the group’s activities had put 50% of Nigeria’s oil resources at risk.
The full list of oil companies allegedly owned by northerners and others which have been served quit notice (lifted from the group’s statement) are served below:
- Apo Well, awarded to Sapetro Oil owned by Gen Theophilus Y Danjuma .Apo field is capable of producing 300,000 barrels per day and crude reserve of 500 million barrels.
- OML 110 Obe oil field owned by Alhaji Mai Daribe, Cavendish Petroleum with an estimated 500 million barrel of crude oil that is worth $50 billion dollars after tax.
- Akpo condensate field, awarded to Sapetro Oil owned by Gen Theophilus Y Danjuma. This field is worth $100 billions of dollars.
- OML 112 and OML 117, awarded to AMNI International Petroleum Development Company owned by Colonel Sanni Bello. Son inlaw to former Head of State. Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar. It’s worth $150 billion Dollars after tax.
- OML 115 also known as Oldwok field and Ebok field was awarded to Alhaji Mohammed Indimi, Inlaw to former Head of State Gen. Ibrahim Babangida the two fields worth $200 billion Dollars.
- OML 215, awarded and operated by Nor East Petroleum Limited owned by one Alhaji Saleh Mohammed Gambo. The field worth $100 billion Dollars after tax.
- OML 108 awarded to Express Petroleum Company owned by Alhaji Aminu Dantata. This field worth $128 billion Dollars.
- OML 113, allocated to Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Limited owned by Alhaji W. I. Folawiyo. Net worth is $150 billion Dollars.
- Prince Nasiru Ado Bayero cousin to the Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi, owns ASUOKPU/UMUTU marginal oil fields. It worth $110 billion Dollars.
- Inter, owned by Atiku Abubakar, Yara dua and Ado Bayero has a substantial stakes in the oil and gas exploration in the Niger Delta of Nigeria.
- AMNI International Petroleum Company owns OML 112 and OML 117. Former Minister of Petroleum and OPEC Chairman Rilwanu Lukman has major stakes in AMNI International Petroleum Company.
- OML 67, operated by Afren Plc. Rilwanu lukman also has major stakes and the field is worth $180 billion Dollars.
- OPL 245, awarded to Malabu Oil and Gas owned by Dan Etete. Former President Obasanjo and former Vice President Atiku Abukbakar all has major shares. It worth $50 billion Dollars.
- OPL 289 and OPL 233, awarded to Cleanwater Consortium; the two fields are worth $200 billion Dollars. Former Governor Peter Odili of River State, Obasanjo and Sultan of Sokoto has major Stakes.
- OPL 288, awarded to focus Energy. Senator Andy Uba, Obasanjo, and Gen Theophilus Y Danjuma are the major stakeholders. The field is worth $70 billion Dollars.
- OPL 291, awarded to Starcrest Energy Nigeria Limited owned by Emeka Offor. The field is worth $100 billion Dollars.
- Mike adenuga’s Conoil controls and operates Six (6) oil blocs and exports about 500,000 barrels of crude oil daily. These 6 oil bloc worth $500 billion Dollars.