The group made this known on Tuesday, June 21 while revealing that some top army officers are planning to sack Buhari’s government through a coup d’état JNDLF, which claimed responsibility for the threats issued on launching a missile attack which caused pandemonium in the Niger Delta region, stressed that people behind the coup plot were getting ready to instigate anarchy in the region, as part of their ulterior motive to overthrow Buhari’s government.
The militants revealed this in an electronic statement that some high-ranking army officers were already involved in the plan of the coup, because they approached the leaders of their group, with an appeal that they should continue with the ongoing attacks on oil installations and petroleum pipelines.
JNDLF alleged that the “coup plotters” wanted to use the continued destruction of oil facilities as the real reason to overthrow the federal government. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter President Muhammadu Buhari and chief of army staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai
The electronic statement released, was signed by those who identified themselves as ‘General’ Torunanaowei Latei (Creek Network Coordinator); ‘General’ Agbakakuro Owei-Tauro (Pipeline Bleeding Expert); ‘General’ Akotebe Darikoro (Commander, General Duties) and ‘General’ Pulokiri Ebikade (Intelligence Bureau).
The militant group stated: “We are constraint to let the cat out of the bag today that President Mohammadu Buhari should be wary about the security of this country as some military men are making move to remove him from power by instigating civil unrest in the country.
“Some top military men through their civil agents approached us to cause and continue the vandalization of the oil and gas pipelines in the Niger delta region so as to use as an excuse to take over the government from democracy to military rule in the country.
“We said no as such plan will not work and not in conformity with our genuine desire of agitation.The military want to disgrace him now and let him quickly look into the issues and make pronouncement for his administration to be in peace.
“Let president should analyze certain memo from the military concerning Niger delta region before taking action or otherwise the military will use that as a platform to remove him. We know the issue of Niger delta is political and we preferred political solution to resolve it but if the president refused.”
The group further added that President Buhari should apply the necessary measures to solve the Niger Delta region problems, in order to for the ploy of these top military to fail.
It said: “We received several calls unknown to persuade us to continue the bombing and that when succeeded in overthrowing the government we will be placed on a better position, we said capital NO!
“When asked of their names they are above Major General’s level. They refused to disclose their names but their intonations seem like yoruba and Hausa.
Our agitation is not for selfish interest but for the overall benefit of the Niger delta region.
“We’ll not kidnap any person, kill or hostage taking of any expatriate in the country but will continue our agitation with clear determination to actualize our course in Nigeria.
“We believe their sinister plan because their is ceasefire in the region for dialogue, but since then the attitude and actions of the service chiefs show that such plan could work for them.”
In a news that came up today, some groups of Niger Delta militants asked the federal government to be ready for more attacks in the oil-rich region of Nigeria as the two-week ceasefire between them and the government comes to an end.
Source: Naij News