|REV. SUNDAY FOLAYAN, NIRA PRESIDENT|
Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NiRA),The Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria (ATCON) and University of Ibadan (UI) in partnership with Africa Network Information Center (AfriNIC), have concluded plans to organize a 4day International Workshop on “Internet Number Resources Management (INRM) and IPv6 Planning and Deployment” in Lagos from August 23 to 26, 2016. This is part of AFRINIC annual free extensive training program for over 600 network engineers, with priority given to AFRINIC members.
In a Press release sent and signed by the trio of AjibolaOlude, Dr. Seyi Osunade and Edith Udeagu of NIRA respectively, participation at the workshop is targeted at Network Engineers in the Nigerian ICT ecosystem including the academics. Resource persons for this workshop are international experts coming from outside Nigeria
The workshop is expected to:
- Provide impetus for Nigerian Network operators to migrate from IPV4 to IPV6 with its attendant advantages
- Provide qualitative training for those engineers that managed our networks which would help, as we tackle the problem of quality of service in the telecommunication industry
- Provide Nigerian Network Engineers with the required knowledge to compete favourably with their counterpart in the global market.
- Enhance, as well upgrade, the performance of our Network Engineers on network management with the ultimate goal of ensuring the sustainable growth of the Nigerian ICT ecosystem.
- Boost the productivity level of our network engineers.
- For more details, visit AFRINIC dedicated training portal at http://learn.afrinic.net