Goodluck Jonathan Linked To Lagos Misery $50 million
More confusions have continued to trail the seized N13bn ($43.4m, N23m and £27,000) by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission at the Osborne Towers, Ikoyi, Lagos.

According to Sahara Reporters, ex-President Goodluck Jonathan’s name once again came up on Saturday during investigations into the seized N13bn ($43.4m, N23m and £27,000) by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission at the Osborne Towers, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and the National Intelligence Agency had claimed ownership of the money which was recovered on Thursday.


A source familiar with the case told one of our correspondents that documents belonging to the Goodluck/Sambo Presidential Campaign Organisation were recovered from the scene.

The organization was responsible for the failed re-election campaign of  Jonathan and his deputy, Namadi Sambo.

A former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Dr. Ahmadu Ali, was the Director General of the organization.

But a source familiar with the case told one of our correspondents on condition of anonymity on Saturday that the huge sum was not the only item recovered from the seventh floor of the building.

The source said, “The huge sum of money was not the only thing recovered from that building, although that is what has remained in public domain since that EFCC operation.

“I can confirm to you that some documents and campaign materials belonging to the Goodluck/Sambo Presidential Campaign Organisation were also recovered alongside that money. This is being investigated.

“A Ghana-must-go bag full of those documents was taken from that building.”

When asked if anybody had been arrested or questioned as regards the documents, the source said he was not aware of any such development.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
News Punch © 2013 - 2017. All Rights Reserved. Site Credits: Semasir Connect
Top