Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari has expressed confidence that government would continue to run smoothly, even in his absence as he has left authority in able hands.
Here are seven things Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo did on Monday:
1. Acting President Prof Yemi Osinbajo received a delegation, led by Governor of Borno state, Shettima Kasttim on a 'Thank You' visit over release of 82 Chibok Girls.
2. He presided over the 3rd Presidential Quarterly Business Forum at the State House Banquet Hall, Abuja
At the forum, Okechukwu Enelamah, Minister of Trade, Investment and Industry, Kemi Adeosun Minister of Finance, Sen. Udo Udo Udoma were also in attendance.
3. Acting President Osinbajo met with Ambassador Guy Feldman of The State of Isreal and Department Chief of Mission, Embassy of Israel, Nadav D. Goren, at the State House in Abuja.
4. Acting President Osinbajo congratulated President-Elect of France, Emmanuel Macron.
5. Acting President Osinajo displayed his loyalty to the President once again as he open declared that the President duly handed over power to him before he left for UK. There have been controversy of his acting role which was expressed as coordinating role by Buhari as entailed in letter to the Senate
6. The Acting President also met behind-closed-door with ENI, Ibe Kachikwu over Malabu Oil Scandal
7 Osinbajo this morning presided over the Federal Executive Meeting today at Aso Rock.