President Muhammadu Buhari has blatantly refused to assent to the 2016 appropriation bill sent to him after scrutiny from the National Assembly.
The President refusal borne out of some padding and deletion of some items from the budget.
News Punch has obtained 7 key items where the national assembly has tampered with that infuriated the President.
Here are highlights of what Nigerian Lawmakers Highjacked from #Budget2016 sent in by President Buhari:
- Over 4 billion naira removed from Ministry of Health Budget & added to Code of Conduct Tribunal.
- N60 billion for Coastal Rail Project from Calabar to Lagos completely taken out of the budget by lawmakers.
- Total of 80 new projects added to Works budget – apart from the fact that no design had been done for the additional roads, 30 of them are not Federal roads.
- Allocation of huge sums of money to Works budget for purchase of Tricycles.
- Allocation 4 completion of Transmission projects in Power budget removed & diverted to tricycle procurement & construction of Town Halls.
- 73 new projects added to Education budget – no designs available for the projects, and no tenders conducted.
- Appropriation for scholarships to indigent students slashed by 50% from Education budget.