Sahara Reporters - Jimoh Ibrahim, the controversial factional candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ondo state has accused the outgoing governor of Ondo state, Olusegun Mimiko of inaugurating a “killer squad” ahead of the November 26th, 2016 governorship election in the state.
Mr. Ibrahim alleged that the killer squad was launched a few days ago at the Government House in Akure with the aim to cause unrest specifically in the southern part of the state.
He made the accusation in a petition sent to President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday.
SaharaReporters obtained copies of the petition with the title: "Petition Against Governor Olusegun Mimiko's Readiness To Set Ondo State On Fire: A Security Concern."
Mr. Ibrahim detailed to President Buhari in his petition that the governor had been holding meetings with his cohorts on plans to unleash terror on the people of the state.
He also accused Mimiko of being the brain behind the successful abduction of his aged mother who was kidnapped by masked gunmen a few years ago in her hometown in Igbotako.
“Your Excellency Sir, Governor Mimiko held various meeting with his Labour Party people in the last few days inside the Government House, Akure, where he indicated, after weeping for sometimes, that he cannot take the disgrace of the court order replacing the candidate of his party Eyitayo Jegede, and that he will rather set Ondo state on fire, by killing any time that I start my campaign."
“He has appointed killers to coordinate his evil desire. One of such appointed killer is even from my town, and this man has been ordered by Governor Mimiko to organize these acts in the Southern Senatorial District of Ondo State.
“In the not distance past, the said Governor arraigned for my mother’s kidnapping, it took me five days to recover my aged mother. Ondo State is one of the leading States in Nigeria on matters relating to kidnapping and murder.
“For example, only last month, the former chairman of my local government was killed on his way back from church. In Ondo State, people are now living in fear”, Mr. Ibrahim said.
He added that the action of the governor was a result of the judgment delivered by Justice Okon Abang, which ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to recognize him (Jimoh Ibrahim) as the authentic candidate of the PDP for the poll.
Mr. Ibrahim has also asked President Buhari to prevail on the Directorate of State Security (DSS) to investigate killings ordered by Governor Olusegun Mimiko during the campaign to prevent anarchy in the state.
“Your Excellency, it is imperative that the State Security Service should not allow anyone to contest the upcoming governorship election in the Ondo state under the PDP apart from Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim in respect of which the court order is specific.
“This is imperative to prevent a state of anarchy in Ondo state and also in line with the specific order of the court and due adherence to the rule of law and the time-honored principle of separation of powers,” he said in the petition.
The controversial PDP candidate added that he would soon begin his campaign in the state following the authentication of his candidature by the Federal High Court.
He, however, said his supporters are already living in fear due to the threat to their lives and properties by sponsored political thugs in the state.
A FORMER 1 MINUTES MAN REVEALS HOW HE INCREASED HIS PENIS SIZE TO SATISFACTION AND STOPPED HIS CHRONIC PREMATURE EJACULATION ISSUES IN LESS THAN 29DAYS AS HE NOW LASTS 35MINS+ IN BED USING THIS NEW, 100% NAFDAC APPROVED NO-SIDE EFFECT 2-IN-1 SOLUTION....