The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, on Tuesday, made a thorough ransack on virtually all the flats the Ikoyi Osborne Tower house, News Punch has learned reliably
during the ransack, the apartments of the immediate past Governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi; and a former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu, as part of investigations into the $43.4m, £27,000 and N23m (N13bn) found at a flat in Osborne Towers, Ikoyi, last week, Punch Newspaper reports this morning.
Other prominent persons, living in the building, include a former Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (Retail), Mrs. Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue; and media mogul and founder of Ebony Life Television, Mo Abudu.
Sources within the EFCC told one of our correspondents that all the flats were searched including the unoccupied ones.
The commission had uncovered the N13bn in flat 7B of the building on Wednesday last week.
Detectives were, however, of the opinion that there might be more money concealed in other flats including three unoccupied apartments.
According to the apartment ownership list obtained by Sahara Reporters, other owners include;
- A former Guaranty Trust Bank chairman, Fola Adeola, who owns Apartment 1A,
- Former Anambra Governor, Peter Obi and his wife, who own Apartment 1B.
- 2A - Ahmed Kida
- 2B - Ahmed Kida but apartment occupied by Esther Ogbue (a recently retired MD of NNPC)
- 3A - Kayode Sonaike
- 3B - Sterling Assets
- 4A and 4B - Leo Stan Ekeh
- 5A - Sterling Bank
- 5B - Damian Dodo, SAN
- 6A - Mo Abudu
- 6B - Career Terminal and Logistics Ltd.
- 7A - Mr. and Mrs. Edo-Osagie (Daughter of PDP Chieftain Anthony Anenih and her husband)
- 7B - Chobe Ventures Limited (Controlled by Folashade Oke, wife of DG, NIA) apartment where $50m was found by EFCC)
- 8A - Chikki Foods
- 8B - Mr. Balogun
- 9A - Damian Dodo, SAN
- 9B - Alhaji Tukur
- 10 A & B - Ahmed Muazu
- 11 A & B - Ahmed Muazu.